As I have promised on my previous post of natural ginger tea, today I am going to share an easy recipe to make lemon honey essence for lemon tea! I feel I am pretty well prepared for brutal winter after I’ve got my jar of ginger and lemon essence. Lots of vitamins to fight cold winter.
First, what you need…
a clean class jar, mandoline or sharp knife, Organic Agave or Brown sugar and scale
Clean the glass jar in the boiling water with baking soda (2t)
If you don’t have a big pot to put all the glass jars (or feel lazy), put hot water and baking soda in the jar. Shake it and wait for 10-15 minutes. Rinse it out and completely dry it before you use it
In a mean time, let’s clean lemon. Put vinegar (2T) , salt (1t) and baking soda (1t) in the water and wash it thoroughly
Let it sit in the vinegar water for 5-10 minutes
To get rid of the coating on the surface, put cleaned lemons in the boiling water. We will toast the lemons just for a few seconds (30 sec ~ 1 min). Make sure that you cover all the surface. Bring toasted lemons into cold water and dry them
Slice lemon with mandoline or sharp knife. Make sure that you sort all the seeds out!
Do you remember the layering the jar with ginger and sugar on my previous post of making natural ginger tea? IT IS THE SAME PROCEDURE! Measure exact amounts of sliced lemons and prepare the SAME AMOUNT OF BROWN SUGAR (sweeter and thicker) or AGAVE (healthier and milder ). In the jar, put 1/5 of the lemon slices first and put 1/5 of your choice of sweetener. Keep layering lemon slices and sweetener and pour all the lemon juices at the end
This time, I did use both organic brown sugar and organic blue agave. It is a perfect warm present for friends and family in winter! I gave one jar with blue agave (since it is healthier) to my pregnant friend and hopefully she is enjoying it now!
Make sure you put the lemon jar in the room temperature for a day and keep it in the fridge
Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday!
- 8-10 Medium size lemons (making 1 sized medium jar, I've used about 6 lemons)
- Brown sugar or Agave (the same amount of your lemon slices)
- A clean jar
- 3t baking soda
- 2T vinegar
- 1t salt
- scale, knife or mandoline
- Clean the jar in the boiling water with 2t baking soda
- Clean lemons with vinegar (2T), baking soda(1t), and salt (1t)
- Toast cleaned lemons in the boiling water to get rid of the coating and rinse them in the cold water
- Slice lemons and get rid of all the seeds
- Layering the jar with the lemon slices and brown sugar or agaves
- Rest it in the room temperature for a day and keep it in the fridge
or Boil a few slices with ginger essence. It is real natural ginger lemon tea!