Avocado is everywhere in NYC. In the supermarkets, on the street fruit stands, coffee shops, and your favorite brunch places. Literally EVERYWHERE! In Korea, on the other hand, avocado isn’t so common. That is why, I often get a question from my Korean friends “how to eat Avocado?”
Today, I will tell you how to make an avocado smash toast for 5 minutes. It is one of the easiest, quickest and healthiest breakfast recipes that I often fix for myself. All you need is a well ripe avocado.
I personally love the leaky egg so I made my egg in over-easy style.
Don’t forget to put red pepper flakes on top! This brings all the flavors together.
- FOR 1 Person
- ½ avocado
- 1 slice of whole wheat toast
- 1t lemon juice
- Pepper and salt for seasoning
- Red pepper flakes and fresh parsley for garnish
- 1 egg choice of your style
- Cut the avocado into halves, remove pit, and scoop the flesh into a bowl.
- Add lemon juice and mash avocado well.
- Add pepper and salt little bit for flavors.
- Prepare an egg in your style! (boiled, fried or poached all works!)
- Serve with sprinkles of red pepper flakes and parsley for garnish
2. How to spend up the ripening process? Put avocado in a brown bag with banana and store it in room temperature.
3. How do I know if it is ripe? Look for soft (neither hard, nor mushy) texture and look for the consistency in dark green color of the skin